Four seasons of entertainment await you in Kennebunkport: the destination that’s been dubbed “the magical place by the sea.” You will love Kennebunkport for its fabulous 18th and 19th century homes, once occupied by merchants and captains of both ship and industry. Visit its sweeping beaches, lighthouses and historical museums. In Kennebunkport’s Dock Square, you’ll find a picturesque seaside village with world-class shopping, and restaurants that range from the classic Maine clam shack to exquisite fine dining. Here you’ll find whale watching, fishing excursions, sailing and tour cruises. Enjoy a wide variety of activities in Kennebunkport. Whether you enjoy sports, shopping, historical adventures or just plain adventure, the Kennebunkport Coastal area abounds with something for everyone and for every season! Take a look at Our 100 Things to Do in Kennebunkport List: Click Here!
Heading off to explore Kennebunkport’s terrific dining options? You’ll definitely want to be sure to consider some of our favorites!!
Join Chef Pierre Gignac at Ocean, offering breathtaking views and French inspired cuisine. Enjoy early evening cocktails or dinner in the dining room or outdoor patio. Sample native Maine delicacies from the sea mingled with the freshest vegetables and local proteins. Call 207-967-2125 for reservations or view the menu HERE.
Located on pristine Goose Rocks Beach, The Tides Beach Club provides the ultimate dining destination with a stellar menu featuring classic seaside favorites and refreshing cocktails. Open for lunch and dinner. For more information or to make a reservation at (207) 967-3757 or visit our website.
Earth at Hidden Pond offers farm-to-fork fare, creative cocktails and a unique, rustic setting. A collaboration with James Beard award winner, Ken Oringer, Earth’s menu is comprised of house grown vegetables, local meats and seafood. Click for more information or to make a reservation please call (207) 967-6550.
Award-winning One Dock was Chef Gordon Ramsay’s “favorite meal in Maine”. Menu items include Maine classics inspired by Asian and Spanish flavors. Dine outside on patio during summer months, and visit the Pub for live entertainment. Click for more information or to make a reservation please call (207) 967-2621.
David’s KPT offers waterfront dining, a large outdoor deck and creatively prepared cuisine. Enjoy lunch, dinner or cocktails on the deck daily. Reservations are not accepted. Call 207-967-8225 for more information and view menus HERE.
David’s Opus Ten is a restaurant within a restaurant, where dinner consists of nine courses perfectly paired with flights of wine. Opus Ten will be serving dinner Tuesday through Saturday, accepting reservations from 6-8pm. Price is $75 p/person, exclusive of wines. For reservations, please call 207-967-8225.
Dine on fresh, local ingredients comprised to create delicious family-style Italian food in a casual setting. Hand-made pastas are made daily and paired with local vegetables and proteins. View the menu HERE and call 207-967-2211 for more information or to make reservations.
Browse the charming shops, galleries and antique stores of Kennebunkport’s Dock Square. The Kennebunks have always boasted of the unique and creative shopping and world glass art galleries available. If antiques are what you’re looking for, you’ll find some fantastic spots right in town. No matter what your budget, there’s always something for you, be it clothing, gifts, original artwork or prints. Kennebunkport’s Dock Square offers you things that are unique, special, and one of a kind.
Maine is the mecca for lighthouses, with more than 60 lighthouses along its craggy coastline. In nearby York, you can see Cape Neddick Light, one of the most photographed lighthouses in the world. From Cape Neddick, you can also catch a distant glimpse of Boon Island Light. Heading north along the coast, the small light at Goat Island sits just off the entrance to Cape Porpoise Harbor. South of Portland, the historic lights of Casco Bay and Cape Elizabeth include Maine’s oldest light, Portland Head Light, Maine’s most powerful beacon at Cape Elizabeth Light.
Maine has more than 500 miles of coast and some of the most beautiful beaches in the entire state are found here in the Kennebunks. Whether you’re a family looking for that perfect, relaxing day at the beach or a surfer hoping to catch the ultimate wave, the beaches in Kennebunk & Kennebunkport offer some of the best fun in the sun.
- Kennebunk, Mother’s & Gooch’s Beach – These long, wide sandy beaches are the perfect place for families with a playground and a wide beach area for children to play.
- Goose Rocks Beach – At three miles long, Goose Rocks Beach is a favorite with walkers and families. It’s wide, smooth and sandy, and offers a wonderful retreat for the day.
Hop on board one of the fantastic boat tours available to explore our rugged coastline, with its intricate network of tide pools and unique sea life, and visit the overlook at Walker’s Point – the summer home of President Bush, Sr.
- Whale Watch – Jump on board Nick’s Chance, for a 4 1/2-hour Whale Watch adventure and cruise 20 miles into the Atlantic Ocean to view Whales, Dolphins, and the marine life of The Gulf of Maine.
- Scenic Tours – Enjoy a 1 1/2-hour Scenic Lobster Tour on Kylie’s Chance down the Kennebunk River and along the Kennebunkport coastline. You will see Seals, former President Bush’s home, and how “world famous” Maine Lobster is harvested.
Kennebunkport is just a short distance from some of Maine’s most glorious courses.
- Webhannet – Refreshed by salty Atlantic breezes, Webhannet Golf Club boasts 6049 yards of three-season golf. Tidal-fed water hazards, 31 bunkers, and serpentine Kentucky blue fairways leading to spacious bent grass greens.
- Cape Arundel – Known for its beauty along the shores of the Kennebunk River, this Walter Travis design, links-style course is a shot-makers dream, with small greens, rolling terrain, and tidal creeks…a challenge to all who dare test it!
Kennebunkport offers some of the most glorious foliage in Maine. Every autumn, nature puts on a brilliant show of color. From bright yellows to vibrant reds, the leaves transform, showing their rich and vibrant hues. Throughout the area you can find spectacular foliage that you can enjoy by foot, bicycle or car.
Theaters & Museums
The Kennebunks have so much to offer those looking for a little taste of artistic and historic Maine.
- The Nott House – Located in the heart of the village, this Greek revival gem takes one back to that time in Kennebunkport’s history when shipbuilding thrived and the shipping trade made the town one of the wealthiest in New England.
- Arundel Barn Playhouse – The Arundel Barn Playhouse offers five professional musical theatre productions each summer. Enjoy an evening of old time summer theatre in a barn.
In Town Trolley – A 45-minute narrated sightseeing tour that provides an interesting and informative orientation to the Kennebunkport area. Enjoy this unique form of transportation through our village streets and along the rocky coast while learning about our 300-year history.